Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Software Skills and Productivity

Throughout class over the last week, we have explored many different software applications and programs. I learned how to use Word in news ways, Publisher for the first time extensively and Inspiration.

It took a lot of time to learn the various skills associated with these programs, but I believe it was also very beneficial. I have now learned and practiced using the software effectively for both classroom instruction and teacher preparation. The most beneficial to me in the future I think will be learning how to organize tables better on word and Publisher skills. I plan to use a lot of table and text boxes when creating assessments in the future and I certainly think now that I know how to keep things organized now when I create something. I believe it is extremely crucial as a teacher to make sure everything handed out looks professional and well done. I knew how to do some things before, but now with the acquisition of these software skills, I can be even more proficient with my work.

Publisher also allows me to create works and make things interactive for both students and parents. I can have students create a newsletter to send to their parents or post things on the class web site that were created in publisher or word. These software programs make the lives of teachers that much easier and innovative both in and out of the classroom. Just as most things in the course have been valuable for the future, having these skills I believe makes me a better teacher already.

No comments:

Post a Comment